Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When cookie monster attacks, and other adventures….

I may be partial…but I sware that I have some awesome kids! No really…I have a 2 ½ year old daughter who has a better sense of humor than most adults that I know! Anyone who has met Jaylee, can and will probably agree. A day with Jaylee never goes without laughter! She does one of the best slap stick routines that I have ever seen.
This skit that she did started with her putting on a puppet show for me and Marshall. It soon ended with Cookie Monster attacking her. It was one of the funniest things that I have ever seen, aside from the Airplane movies!! What made it funny was that it was totally unexpected. It was all cute and sweet. She was trying so hard to imitate his voice. Then her and Cookie Monster started fighting over something, which ended with him pinning her to the ground. I was in tears. Then she laid there calling for help.

We took Jaylee bowling this weekend. Russ and I used to bowl just about every weekend before we had kids, so we decided to take them. We all had a really fun time! Jaylee pulled a fast one on me.

I called her over to me but she didn’t want to come. She picked up Russ’s phone and pretended to be too busy. That’s my girl. She used the oldest trick in the book. Boy, are we in trouble!

Marshall is her number one fan. He laughs so hard and loud at her comedy routines. He laughs so hard that his eyes water and he can’t catch his breath. That kind of laughter is contagious and it is the best kind. He is most always smiling and laughing.

He has this look in his eyes that I can’t explain. He is going to do good in this world, I can feel it.


It makes me so proud that I have such happy, well adjusted, humor loving children. It makes me so happy that they can see the joy and humor in life. People get so caught up in their stressful lives that they forget how to be happy.
What you put out in the world is returned to you. If you put out positive things into the world, positive things happen to you. If you put out negativity, bad things happen to you. It is so simple. Even if things are going wrong, and you are having a crappy day….there is a reason for that. If you can find the positive in the worse of situations then you are good to go!
I am instilling this in my children. And I hope that they make the best of it. Life is what you make it. It’s not what you have or don’t have. It’s not who you have or don’t have. It is how you see the world around you. It is how you deal with the world around you. Everyone has the power to be happy and to enjoy life to the fullest.


Laughter really is the best medicine. It’s so boring to be serious anyways.
Peace and love....

2 comments:

Susan said...

Kids are really great, I am glad yours make you laugh and remind you of why you love them. Enjoy them, they grow up so fast. My baby just turned 9.

Ching Ya said...

Both of them are adorable, and so is the cookie monster, one of my favourite characters in Sesame Street! =)