Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mommy needs a break.....

I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. I don't understand why. (Insert sarcasm here). I thought that maybe a weekend away without the kids and with my husband would help. As soon as we came home, I still felt stressed.

My friend approached me with an idea. She suggested that we leave the husbands at home and take the kids to the beach for a few days. The idea appealed to me. My camera was stolen in the beginning of July, and all of our family beach trip pictures were on that camera. This could be a way to get some new beach pictures of the kids before the summer ends. The other part of me thought this...... No husbands, one hotel room and three children that are five years old and younger. This could be a bad idea.
Yes there were moments that were stressful, and loud. Very loud. A four hour car ride full of "Are we there yet?", "How much longer?" and the classic, "I have to go potty!". Then there was the battle of getting the little buggers to go to sleep at night. The bigger challenge was just keeping them in their beds, and keeping them quiet.


But I was wrong, it was refreshing. All of this time I thought that I needed time away from my kids to feel better and recharged. What I really needed was time away with my kids. It was wonderful. It was so nice to spend time with them without having to worry about taking care of the animals, cleaning the house or making dinner.

I was looking at things the wrong way. My kids reminded me of this. It's not the kids alone that make me feel so overwhelmed and in over my head.
It's life and all of it's demands. But when you are sitting at the beach, all of this is forgotten. It no longer exists. We lived in the moment, and every moment was great. Well, most moments were great.


Peace and love........

No comments: