Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Oh the things kids say.....


I've kept a collection of funny quotes from Jaylee and Marshall.
I thought I would share...

Marshall says to Russ:
"Daddy, you smell bad, you smell like a hot shower"
Russ replies:
"How does a shower smell bad?"
Jaylee then says:
"Actually you smell like a dead chicken"

I laughed so hard that I cried!

After Marshall did something wrong he looked up at me with the most sincere look and said.....
"Sorry Mommy, I accidentally did it on purpose."
Genius!!

Jaylee:
"Mommy, I want to wear high heel ups when I grow up"

We were driving around when Russ mentioned that he ran over a soda bottle, Marshall then said:
"It's ok to run over soda bottles Daddy, just don't run over people"
He was dead serious when he said it too.  He had this look like he was giving Russ some life altering advice.

Last but not least are a couple examples of Marshall's random questions.  I love these because I can get a perfect idea on the way he thinks.

On a rainy day he asked me why the clouds were crying.
I think that brought tears to my eyes it was so cute.

The other one that sticks out in my mind is when he asked me how people put light bulbs in fire flies.

I live for these moments.

Like when Jaylee talks about herself in the third person as she spritzed herself with body spray she said:
"Jay Jay smells like lemons"

Everyday for the first month after Sawyer was born Marshall asked us if we could keep him.  
It's like we brought home a stray dog or something....Mommy can we keep him, can we? 

I am so glad that I write these down, because I know I would forget most of them.
 As hard as it is to be a Mom sometimes I am trying to treasure every moment.

Peace and love.......


No comments: