Saturday, August 4, 2012

Grandpa Bigsby's 80th Birthday Party

Today we celebrated my Grandpa's 80th birthday.
It was a beautiful sunny day.  My Grandparents live in my Great Grandfather's old house, it's right on the river in Baldwinsville NY.


Aunt Carol and Mom talking on the dock, Sawyer looks so cute holding onto the flag.


The kids hanging out at their table.


It's tradition for the man turning 80 in our family to dress all crazy!!
They dressed my Gramps (my Great Grandpa) up when he turned 80, so it was only fair to do the same to Grandpa.


My Dad and my Uncle Scott.


My Mom and my Uncle Donnie.


Aunt Sandy helping my Gramma put out all of the food.


My Aunt Terri and my cousin Stacy


My Uncle Skip and his Great Grand daughter Aurora


We called my Aunt Carol the baby whisperer because the baby who "never" sleeps, fell right asleep in her arms.


Me and my crazy kids!!


Me and my Grandpa.  He is such a special person in my life!
I love him so much.


Russ and my Grandma.
She is one amazing lady!


A bunch of the family hanging out.





Cake time!!
The kids helped him blow out his candles.



We had such a good time!  It was so nice seeing everyone.  I tried to get pictures of everyone, but I missed a few people.  I can't believe that my Grandfather is 80.  I remember spending most of my summers with my Grandparents.  We used to go camping, fishing and would travel all over in their RV.  
They took me to Disney when I was 9 years old.  I will never forget those memories.
My Grandparents mean the world to me and they are such an important part of my life.



So we tried to get a group photo here of my Grandparents, their two sons, their two Grand daughters and their three Great Grand babies....
I have to say that this is the funniest family photo EVER!
My Dad's face is split in half by a pole, my head is cut off, you can only see half of my Uncle's face, my Grandfather isn't even looking at the camera and both of my kids look miserable!!

My family means the world to me... even though I live far from them I hope they realize how important they are to me.

Peace and love.....

No comments: