Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sawyer's 1st Birthday

October 5, 2012


Today is Sawyer's 1st birthday.  It's crazy to me how fast his first year on this earth with us has gone by.  My Mom and Grandparents came into town to celebrate with us.  His birthday party is tomorrow.


He's not quite walking, but he is starting to stand and take steps.


Great Gramma Bigsby gave him his gift, and Sawyer wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to do here.  He was more interested in the tissue paper at first.


Grammy gave Sawyer a toy choo choo train, and he loved it.
His first year has gone by so so very fast.  Every sleepless night has been completely worth it.
I've really learned to treasure every moment of his baby hood.  I will miss his baby smell, his baby feet, I will miss him nursing and cooing.  I will miss him crawling around saying "Mama"
But I also look forward to his first sentences, and seeing him walk and run.  I look forward to him exploring the world around him as he learns about the world.
With kids you get to learn the world all over again.  Children see things differently, and if you pay attention you can see things like that too.  

Peace and love....

No comments: