Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins and flip flops.....

Where would you rather be?

We know fall is in full swing when the time comes for our yearly trip to the pumpkin patch. We were so lucky to actually have a really nice sunny day. It was so strange to think that last year at this time, Marshall was in my belly. Now he is here joining in on our little family tradition.

Fall. Fall is so pretty. The leaves changing color. The brisk coldness in the air. Rainy, windy days. Pumpkins and apples. Hay rides and apple cider. I hate apple cider actually….Isn’t that weird? I have never, ever liked the stuff.



Browns, greens, reds and oranges. Jeans and corduroy pants.
Fleece jackets and long sleeve t-shirts.












I do love the fall, don't get me wrong. But my mind and body want to be somewhere else.... Palm trees and sandy beaches. The smell of salt water and sun block. Warm weather and sunny days. Flip flops and shorts. Ocean salt water and boats. Dolphins and sea birds. That’s where I would rather be.


That’s what we get for going to Florida so late in the season. Just when we were prepared that summer was over, we go to Florida. It made us think that summer was just beginning. And now it is getting cold. And windy. I don’t want to give up my flip flops….and I don’t think that they want to give me up either. It will be a hard good bye to put them way back in the closet. I don’t think that I am ready. Maybe I will leave them out where I can see them. A reminder that the warm, hot weather that I have grown to love will be back soon enough…….

Peace and love..



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your children are sooo cute. Fall is my fav time of the year too. Welcome to Blogger Talk.

Ching Ya said...

I love fall, although I have yet seen one since the weather here is hot and humid all year round, but one day I will. Anyhow, great ideas to put your lovely adorable kids in the pics, sure brighten up our days with some cute faces. Keep up the good work, will drop by from time to time. Take care.