Sunday, May 10, 2015

My Grandfather


My Grandfather was more then a grandfather.  He was a father to me.
He taught me to fish, camp and hike.  He instilled my love of the outdoors. 
He was an amazing man, who always helped others.  

He passed away on Christmas Eve 2014.  His death has been so extremly hard on me.  Whenever I see an eagle I think of him.

He always was there for me.  I have such fond memories growing up with them.  I spent so much time with them when I was little.  They had me most weekends and a lot in the summer.
He worked in the Adirondacks in the summer and I stayed up there with them on the campground for most of the summer.  

Thru college he supported me 100%.
After marriage, kids and a new home he was there always offering advice on raising poultry and having a garden.  The bond him and I had, I can't explain.  I am so lucky to have had him in my life.  I wouldn't be the person I am now without him.

I love you Grandpa.
Rest in peace
I miss you and think about you every single day.

No comments: