Monday, September 16, 2013

Always see the funny in things

I will post pictures during a later post to show you our summer, but I wrote down a few stories in my paper journal that are definitely worth sharing!

Children and animals really make the world an interesting place.  My Mother encouraged me me to start journaling the antics of my everyday life.  She told me that her friends and some of our family were getting a big kick out of the things that happen on a daily basis.  For example, I sat down to write in my brand new leather bound journal that my Mother bought for me for my birthday.  I sat down getting to ready to write and our dog Stella came to my feet and puked all over our very white carpet.  Trust me we didn't chose the white carpet, it came with the house!  Just another day in the life.....


Mommy's Sometimes A Whore:  June 3, 2013

I was combing Jaylee's hair after a shower.  I was getting her ready for her dance recital.  It went a little something like this.....

I comb - Jaylee says "OW"
I say "Sorry Jay"
I comb again, Jaylee says "OW"
I say "So sorry Jay"

When we finish combing her hair she says "Sometimes Mommy is like a whore"

Russ and I proceed to pick our jaws off of the floor, and I say, "What did you just say"
She repeats "Mommy is like a whore"
Russ and I look at each other "Come again Jaylee"

It turns out she was saying Mommy is like a horror....
"ohhhhhhh"


And the Mother of the Year Award Goes to "This Guy" June 18, 2013

Saturday morning..... pancakes, strawberries, laziness and an escaped baby with a beer can.  Yup the mother of the year award goes to this guy *points thumbs at self*

I guess I didn't shut the back door tight enough when we let the dogs out.  We suddenly realized that it was really quiet and Sawyer was no where in sight.  I noticed the door was slightly ajar.  I slipped on my farm boots and there he was walking up the drive way in nothing but a diaper and carrying a beer can that he found on his adventure!

Oh the things you say when you are a parent - June 9, 2013

When you are a parent sometimes you say things you never thought you would say, for example
"Marshall why are you putting a peanut in your pants?"


I have many more, but I will save them for another day!

Peace and love.....

No comments: